My child is still in my bed

ok i have tried to get my 2 year old out of my bed but nothing seems to be working? Any advise would be greatly appriciated

AmiliasMom

Asked by AmiliasMom at 8:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Two is a tough age to get them out of your bed. Probably I'd just start mentioning casually that pretty soon, they'll need to sleep in their own bed. You can even tell them that until you go to bed that they'll have to sleep in their own bed, but after that they can come to your bed as usual. At a different age, I'd probably suggest firmly leading them back to their own bed every single time.

Answer by Bmat at 8:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would say get him/her in thier own bed asap. i made the mistake twice and now they are 5 and almost 8 and they are having trouble sleeping alone. Have you tried the "SuperNanny" technique? Be strong!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• don't give in. Put a gate up at his door. remind him that he's too old to sleep with mommy. Make a rewrads chart for him
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My daughter did that around that age and she just eventually grew out of it. Nothing we tried worked.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• for me was naturally ... he went to his bed in my room them I move to another room.
    satwins

Answer by satwins at 2:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My daughter had been sleeping in her crib since 4 months old. Well, she was sick in early May and so I let her sleep in my bed, because I wanted to monitor her fever.........she's still in my bed. I figure she won't want to sleep with Mama forever and I'm just going with the flow. She is getting a new bed for her 3rd birthday, so maybe that will make her want to go back into her room. We'll see.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Its kinda of tough why dont you reasure him that its fun to be in his crib let him sleep with toys etc.......good luck hunn!
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The longer you put it off the harder it will become.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2011