what age do you have the talk

and what do you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• First of all, GOOD LUCK! LOL! Second of all, I'd say when they start asking questions it's time to sit down and have the talk. Look up info on the net on how to talk to your child about IT. Try to get as much info as you can, and try to make sure it's age appropriate. ie, don't tell your 9 year old as much as you'd tell a 16-17 year old. You can say something like "sex is a way for two people to show their love for each other, however it comes with strong emotions.........."
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You're not alone. I was wondering the same thing just last night when I found my 10 yr old looking online for answers. I told him a little but was unsure of what more he needs to know.
    tsa_momma

Answer by tsa_momma at 12:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i talk to my 3 year old about it. she asked. i dont tell her much, and i dont go into detail, but we decided to start as soon as she asked, to make her comfortable talking to us about it. i i will tell her whats appropriate for her age, nothing more.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2008