We have an 11 yr old daughter with ATTITUDE ~ imagine that, she's so rude to me these days,she has tons of friends the other girls' mom's say they just love her, why is she being so mean @ home? :(

tntornado45

Asked by tntornado45 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My 12 yr old dd is the same way, unless she wants something then she is the sweetest thing ever. Until she realize that I know what she is doing and then she is back to her normal attitude. Like you she is a dream and very respectful out in public and around other people. I think of it this way, she maybe testing me at home but the way she acts outside of the home proves that I'm a good parent and I'm raiseing her right.
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 11:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Sister, that is the age old question... She is going to push you as far as she can. At 11 my suggestion is sit her down and put a stop to it. Don't let it slide, because it will get worse. It is completely normal, just real her in ~ GL
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 9:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• She's trying to establish her independence from you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Personally the other mothers wouldn't get a chance to see how she behaves, because unless she was showing the proper respect at home, she wouldn't be going to anyone else's house. Now is the time to squash that behavior because the older she gets, the worse it will get.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My 12 yr old daughter is the same way. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. The only person she treats nice is her Dad.
    CelticDuir

Answer by CelticDuir at 1:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• time to put the smack down mama. My kids try this, but not for long because they don't get away with it! LOL
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011