I was put on leave this morning

I was informed when I walked into work this morning that I am creating a low morale in the work place and have been put on leave for 3 days without pay my coworkers told me it's because of facebook comments I made about Johnson's stand on legal pot and Cain's comments about muslims in the government and administration didn't like it. Should I quit my job or quit facebook neither comment I made labels me as a democrate or a republican so what is the big deal nobody said anything about the photos which clearly show what religious belifs I have

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Time to UNfriend you co-workers!! Then make your profile private. Then go to HR... FB has NOTHING to do with moral at work, it sound like they are using that as an excuse!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You should go to HR and find out what the complaint is - you were given no warnings? trainings? etc.?
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 9:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Why are your boss/ co-workers on your fb?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i would fight that. and also make your comments private or at least create a list on facebook that has all your coworkers on it and make your political and otherwise controversial comments unavailable for them to view. then you don't have to worry about their whiny "i don't like your opinions". again, i would say you should fight it somehow. that's ridiculous.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• This is the type of reason that I avoid things like facebook like the plague. I don't want my employer or potential employere having a look at my personal life outside of the workplace. My feeling is that you should most likely quit using social networking sites or quit using your real name on them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My bf thinks it has more to do with the pot comments because we are not tested for drugs at work and alot of the warehouse employees seem to be the type to smokepot if I can assume that safely.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If you need your job it’s a no brainer what to keep. It’s totally your call but I would keep low on future comments of any kind to anyone.

GL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• This is why it's important to keep your work life and your personal life separate. Don't have your co-workers or your boss as friends on facebook and set your profile to "friends only" viewing. Keep your political views out of the workplace.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Do you use your company email address for your FB account? A lot of companies are enacting social networking policies. I know at my company if you use your company email to set up a social networking account anything you post becomes company property and can get you fired. Don't know if that's your scenario, but times are changing you really need to be careful who you friend and what you post, especially if you live in an employment at will state.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 9:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Some of my coworkers are friends on my account some aren't but some of the coworkers are bigitme into facebook it's part of real life so when it gets discussed we all get discussed whos doing what and saying this or that making plans and sending messages it has become part of work but I don't use a work email and alot of the pot comments were made a long time ago
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2011