Has anyone been pregnant with twins & didnt know????

I have about 25 more days to go :) I asked my OB how much my baby should weigh because I think I am gonna have a big baby, my first was 7.13 & second was 9 1/2 . She said that the baby should only be about 5-6 lbs now & should gain 1/2 lb week now on.For as much as he moves & he feels pretty big now.Not so sure about that.
He is always moving alot.Last night I got my hubby to feel my belly & he said it felt like 2 babies in there. I had my hand on the right side of my belly & could feel something like a back or something & it felt like hiccups in the middle lower of my belly.So that kinda freaked me out.
I have googled it & somethings show that I could have twins, its like 50/50 but I have had an ultra sound about 20wks & we only saw one baby, & when they do the heart beat check everytime I go they dont say it sounds like 2, but they always get a heart beat as soon as they put it on my belly,they never have trouble finding it. The ultra sound & heartbeat , to me the OB should know if I was having twins.
I am just wondering if anyone has had this happen before.I would like to know if I was having twins so I could be ready for them.Also my hubby's mom had twins & my aunt on my mom's family had twins so it is in our family.
Thanks

IloveJesus316

Asked by IloveJesus316 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Before Ultra-sounds it was very possible to be carrying twins and not know it. With Ultra-sound though, it seems like they'd be able to see if there were twins or at least have a hint of 2 babies being there. Years ago before ultra-sound hubby worked with a guy who had 5 girls, mainly cause after the 1st girl, they kept trying for a boy. Well things happened & they decided to try one more time for a boy and they got their boy....in a matched set of 3. The babies had over-laid one another so perfectly that it always sounded like just one really strong heart-beat and felt like just one big baby when the Dr. would feel around the womb. It does seem like these days, with ultra-sound, etc. they'd be able to tell...but then again if the babies over-laid one another as perfectly as those 3 did, maybe not....
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Not me but my sister was but she ended up losing both of them, she didn't know she was pregnant with twins til they couldn't find the heartbeat and they seen 2 babies instead of one, that was really hard on her.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I've read about a few twins being missed on a single ultrasound, but it is very rare for that to happen. Your hubby's mom having twins doesn't increase your odds of having twins at all, but having an aunt with twins in your family does increase your odds if her twins were fraternal.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 9:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2011