Do you sleep?

Dh and I were chatting and we were talking about how hard it was sometimes to get the kids to sleep. He mentioned that when he was a kid he always wanted to stay up late too and sometime drove his parents nuts.

He often wondered how his parents could lay down in bed and be out within a couple of minutes, while he'd be awake for hours. Now, as an adult he knows cause he does the same thing, lol

I've listened to others and so many people are night owls, or don't sleep well for one reason or another. Everyone seems to have there own pattern.

Now I'm weird and always had been. Unlike most kids who would fight sleep, I'd knock off as soon as the sun went down and would literally wake with the sunrise. ( I bet my parents hated that, lol ) Even in my teens I struggled to stay up late like all my friends and could barely make it. If left alone, I'd still be that way. The only thing that keeps me up late now are my girls. My son is just like me...down at 8 pm, up at 5 am. My ds is the only one I know like me.

Anyone else like this? ( am I the only weird one, lol ) What are your natural sleep patterns, like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• I've always found it hard to fall alseep, I keep going over and over things in my head: Did I remember to do this and that? Did I lock the door? Did I lock my car?

Even as a kid, I'd stay awake worried about school (I hated school) and as an adult worried about work.

Since having my DS, I long for sleep! I sleep better knowing I don't have to get up early for work, but I still worry about silly stupid things!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Years ago, when I was single and got laid off, it took me ten days to get into my natural sleep pattern of waking up around 4:30 and being in bed by 8 p.m. If I were a farmer, it would probably serve me well, but unfortunately, I'm not, AND I'm married to a night person.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I am a person that likes to sleep. I would be happy with a schedule from about 10-6. I have been like this for years. My work schedule does not permit this for me but my days off I sleep this schedule.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Once I finally plop down to watch a show, it doesnt take long! My husb is jealous of my ability to fall asleep w/in minutes of my head hitting the pillow. I sometimes have a hard time going back to sleep if I get up in the middle of the night to go potty. Esp if he's next to me sawing logs!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I didn't read that last part correctly- During the school year, I'm asleep between 9 or 10 pm, & up by 5am. In the summer it's more like up til 11 pm, & back up at 8am (unless it's a work day)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Lately I sleep for 2 or 3 hours a night. I'm sto stressed I can't turn my mind off and I just toss and turn all night long. I hate it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i drink coco too sleep
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2011