Horseback riding

do you like to horseback ride? do your children?

My boys and I love horses; riding them watching them run and play, etc

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Our whole family loves horses, so much so that we decided a few weeks ago to buy one at the livestock auction near our land(I say our land because there's no house on it yet- it's just lad we've worked to make gardens and animal pens and a paddock). I am now the proud owner of a 10 month old colt! He's adorable and so sweet, even though his previous owners never bothered to even tend to his basic needs and barely fed him enough to keep him alive. He was skin and bones when we got him, and you can still tell he's had a rough life. Poor thing :( But he's gaining weight steadily now, and he's discovered the joys of being part of a family- he LOVES the kids, and constantly nuzzles their cheeks and shoulders, and I think he thinks I'm his momma, because he comes and hides behind me when he gets scared, like no one can see his big ol' self behind me or something. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• We live in the country but have no horses as of yet. My daughter LOVES them so much and we want to get her riding lessons. She has beeen on a few and everyone says she's a natural. Her whole room is done in Horse Theme from the Ponytail paint to the horse border running around her room to curtains, comforter, floor rug, stuffed animals etc..
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• We love it. We have 3 horses right now. I just gave one away about a month ago. We have a donkey too that I'm trying to train, but that old saying about stubborn as a mule sure is coming through. He lets the kids sit on him but I can't get him to move no matter what, even if they aren't on him.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I did as a kid. My mother still has horses but I wouldn't ride them. They are basically pasture ornaments. DD has rode a few times and she likes it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• We live in the city and can't afford riding lessons. They are lovely to look at when we visit the Humane Society.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Looooove horseback riding!!! Fiance likes it, too. My son is too young now, but hopefully we can take him when he's older. My mom is scared of horses....one bit her when she was young!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• we can't afford them either but I have a friend that has a ranch with over 150 horses and I take my boys there and they get to ride them and brush them and feed them; I've even helped deliver a few foals
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2011