How do I deal with the Inlaws that live up the road?

I have been with my husband for 5 yrs now, and last year we were planning on buying a house, and I told him that he can pick the location of the house and I will pick the house and so he picked the neighborhood that was 2 blocks from his parents and brother and his wife! Which was fine then but now it's like we are at childish war with my sister-n-law! 5 years she hasn't liked me and I still don't know why, when I asked her all she says is "No I have never had a problem with you" and then when I leave the house I hear all about the things that she said when I left! I don't get it!! My nerves are going crazy and I haven't seen my niece or nephew in 2 weeks now and my kids miss their cousin! What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Entertainment

• Have a sit down with her...clear the air (just you 2)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• One I never would have agreed to live that close to my INlaws and I would never agree to live that close to MY family too. As awesome as I think at times it would be and can be, over all it's good to have space and not have my or his family know our coming and going etc.

With that I said think nikkileerue suggestion was a good one.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE
    shannon401

Answer by shannon401 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I would call your husbands brother and ask when his children can come over for a playdate. As for your sister in law, maybe she is one of those people who thrives on drama. Let it all go, and dont worry about her being so silly.... That will come back to bite her (karma) and you will look better by being the bigger person. If it bothers you that bad, then pull her aside and tell her, "Look, I know you have been saying some pretty rotten things behind my back. I would appreciate it if that could stop. I really love my neice and nephew, and I think that by us not getting along, it is really hurting the kids. If you dont like me, then thats fine, but lets leave the comments to ourselves. It is best for everyone involved." I hope that this has helped.....
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 9:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Who tells you that she is talking about you? Have you actually heard it with your own ears? If she won't say it to your face, let it go. She isn't saying it in front of your kids, thankfully.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Your first mistake was letting your husband choose the neighborhood, you can try talking to her and clearing the air or have nothing to do with her, the latter is so much more peaceful.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2008