People who have trouble TTC?

Do you ever feel like everyone in the world is pregnant except you? Do you put on a brave face when your friends are telling you their pregnant even though part of you feels like your dying inside? Do you get upset when people have unplanned pregnancies and complain about it? Am I the only one with these feelings?

We have one beautiful little girl and I know I should be happy. But we have been married for five years and trying with no results.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, it bothers me. And then people on cafe mom who talk about getting an abortion. I've been trying for like 10 years now. Maybe its time to give it up.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes. And just because you have one doesn't mean it's enough. Don't let people try and tell you that because they will. I have 4 but it took me 20 years to get them. Have your projesterone levels tested. This seems to be a big problem for people. Mine too and if I would have known, I could have had it taken care of and saved myself years of heartache and breaking down crying in the mall and flipping out on people who abused their children or aborted them. I hated that they didn't want kids but got them so easily.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It seems our biggest problem is a difference in RH. I am negative and he is positive. We have had two miscarriages. Which brings me to another thing I hate.... Why is when people have a miscarriage others feel the need to say...There will be others (You don't know that) This is God's Will ( Doesn't make it hurt any less) There must have been something wrong with the baby ( Again...it still hurts)
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• While I have 4 kids now, I did have trouble conceiving #1 and #2. I used to feel so jealous of pregnant women before #1 and while TTC #2- I too felt guilty for that, but you can't help feeling what you feel! Also, I didn't know if we were going to TTC for #4 or not, and during that up-in-the-air time, I felt very negatively when I saw pregnant women or women with teeny babies. I *was* grateful for the 3 I already had, but I didn't feel like my family was complete!

You aren't alone in feeling like this at all- there are plenty of women that already have one or two kids that are resentful that they are failing at conceiving more kids. I hope you get your BFP soon, Momma. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm not sure we'e been trying long enough to fall into the "having trouble" category, but yes, it does seem like everyone else is pregnant! What gets to me most is that all the Hollywood gossip has become about who's pregnant and who's having babies.
    Telephus44

Answer by Telephus44 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes. I know how you feel. I was married for 13 years & many miscarriages until I finally went to see a Reproductive Specialist. A regular OBGYN is not an expert at getting you pregnant, a RS is. That is who you should see & they will find the true root of your problam. It may be something more simple than you think. They will do complete blood work & genetic testing on you both as well since most miscarriages are caused by genetic flaws. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• yes i had those issues and it nearly drove me nuts bc we were ttc for about 5yrs..one of my worst let downs was when i was pretty sure i was preggo it was my birthday i went to the dr he told me i wasnt and probably wouldnt ever have a baby..my bff called me that night and told me she was preggo..i was totally hurt and told her i could care less if she was preggo and hung up the phone...it was her second baby..it might have been wrong of me but she knew i was having a tough time..later i explained it and she appologised..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Your feelings are your feeling and it doesn't matter if you already have 6 children, if you want another and you are trying it is hard to hear other people are pregnant. When you had your misscarriages what people say to you is sometimes hurtful, but that is because they just do not knnow what to say if they haven't gone through it. I just lost my newborn son. He was born 10 weeks premature, he did really well in the hospital and spent 3 weeks in the special care nursery. He was home for 2 1/2 days and stopped breathing and passed away. I had people tell me in their way of trying to comfort me that there is always a reason, god has his reasons you may not know what that is but god has his reasons. Not to comforting when all you want to do is hold your baby.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Slick... I am so sorry that you are going through that. I can not even imagine. You are your family are in my prayers.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes I feel that way too your not alone, I'm 25, married, no kids want to be a mommy more then anything in the world, I've had an ectopic pregnancy lost my left fallopian tube because of it, had 2 miscarriages due to my diabetes that I didnt even know I had. I'm exausted to tell you the truth, I give up already I guess I'm not meant to be a mommy I feel so bad I can't give my DH a child & he is not the problem he was a DD from his previous marriage. I'm so useless as a women =(
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2011