Breastfeeding and Slim Fast?

I am nursing my 8 mo old and was curious about using ONE shake a day for 5 days a week. I think i should wait until dd is a year, but im tired of being fat. what do you think? (Im leaning toward waiting though....)

*edit* i dont eat junk food and have been limiting my diet but its just not working. 

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 10:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Slim fast has chromium picolinate in it! You are feeding it to baby! Chromium makes it difficult to gain weight. No way woul I use that while breastfeeding.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i wouldn't do that. just try to limit junk food and carbs, i dont know why i'm telling you this. it depends on the type of person you are. personally, i could never lose an ounce until i weaned both my kids. then the weight would just fall off and i can actually have willpower. lost all the baby weight after both :)
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Do not use a weight loss supplement while breastfeeding. It isn't good for you or for the baby. Wait until you have weaned the baby and then work on a plan to reduce your portions, exercise daily, and be sensible (slimfast isn't sensible).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Slim Fast isn't unsafe, unless baby has dairy issues. It's also ineffective for weight loss, however. Weight Watchers.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011