Why do we worry so much about what other people do?

I notice as humans we tend to form opinions on people we know nothing about, criticize, question, and concern ourselves with things that don't directly affect themselves. Why? I'm not saying I've never done so and realized it later. But I just don't have the time with the crap in my life that needs dealing with.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with you. People love to gossip about other people and form opinions and judge them. It's not our place to judge people.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 11:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• hmm imma go with we are human and we have the tendency to judge even tho its not our place and we also feel like what we do is "right" and "best"

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Some people just need to feel that they know things..EVERYTHING! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• lollll they need somethning on ther life i guess !!! well it wasn't my business at all only if i hv opingnon to say ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well from your post I read that you are still concerned about why others think about others. That shouldn't be any concern of yours. We do it because we have no life?, or we like to imagine? or because we can? Not being snotty or bashing but it's just human nature/error.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I used to do it because i was young and thought that I did know it all. When I grew up, I now give advice based on a mixture of life experiences, research, and what I've seen happen to others. Of course young mom's think I'm out of my mind because "a doctor, a teacher" etc told them. I don't judge, but I do hate to see the path that some people are going down when I know it can be destructive and I want to stop them before something bad happens to them or their children.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Cause we are human and have to know it all.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Girl! I have a friend I had to stop hangin with because she would just talk about everyone's private lives!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Wow obviously meooma you didn't read my entire post. And you ARE indeed being snotty. you have no idea why I asked the question! So that's makes you guilty as well.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have a couple neighbors like that- drives me nuts. I am a very quiet and private person, and they think I have something to hide because of this. These neighbors do not have anything better to do, I guess. lol I'm really not all that interesting.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2011