Does anyones 6 month old do this?

Ella about 2 months ago started shaking her head back and forth like saying no. She does this when shes sleepy, when shes playing and in her car seat. its rather cute and funny but at the same time is it normal? I have her 6 month appt on tues so plan on asking the pedi but what are your opinions.

HisServant4ever

Asked by HisServant4ever at 8:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wait til she actually learns what shaking her head back and forth really means. my daughter used to do that too and now she knows it means no so now she walks around just shakin her head no all the time. lol your fine theres nothing wrong with her.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• she might like the way it feels when he twists her head. my daughter use to do it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It's normal. My dd had ear infections a lot so had lots of fluid on her ear and she loved to shake her head like that. I always wondered if having the fuild on her ears made if feel "neat" to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• LOL...i asked the same exact thing, my daughter never did it, but my son does...he'll be sitting there shaking his head start to laugh, lol one time he even feel over on his side. its normal...i think though if he wasnt having fun with it and was in pain it could be an ear infection, but i think your babe is just playing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• opps....that was me up there ^ right now...i dont know how i pushed the anon button...lol
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You need to take that child to the doctor immediately. That is the way babies have seizures!
    AshersMommy1201

Answer by AshersMommy1201 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• there should be a difference between intentionally shaking their head for who knows what reason, and uncontrollably shaking their head from a seizure, right?
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 11:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• took ella to doctor. no fluid in ears, she did it while she was there and the doctor said oh really noo. so i asked about seizure she said no because she is perfectly fine afterwards and does it again. and smiles. She just likes the way it feels, but if it is continous and she seems out of sorts after ward then take her in.

Thank for your opinions i truly appreciate it.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 2:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2008