Qwhat kind of cd do you need to buy to burn pictures onto it?

my laptop has a virus and I have pictures on there that I don'[t want to loose cause a friend accidently deleted them off of my camra's memory card so if something happens to my computer I loose all of my pictures. So I was going to buy a cd to burn them to, but I am not sure what kind to buy? My husband said he can wipe out my computer to get rid of the virus, but I would loose my pictures

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Technology

• Look at the CD front and look at what letters are on there....Is it just a CD RW +- or a DVD or a CD R +-.
    Once you figure out what type it is CD R, CD RW, DVD, DVDRW, +,-, +- ...... then just get a CD to match the type.

For example....mine is a CDRW, DVD RW combo. So I can purchase most CD or DVD to record on to.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• dvd rw the cd rw is mainly for music, they some times work but the dvd rw will work
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• where do I find that at?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Look in the outside of the CD/DVD tray. It should say what type of CD/DVD player it is. IF it has RW - then you need can use a regular DVD or CD as well as the RW type.

You do not need an RW DVD/CD if you won't be adding more pictures to the disk later in the future.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• it doesn't say anything on the outside tray
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2011