Can you be on WIC and Medicaid if your married?

My fiance and I are going to get married next week but I'm wondering if it will interfere with my WIC (which I don't have an appointment for until after the wedding) and Medicaid?

-Tiffany-

Asked by -Tiffany- at 10:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• They will look at his income now
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i was but it all depends on combined income then
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Depends on how much your combined income level will be. But if you are both making close to minimum wage - then no.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• not unless he makes to much. I was married and got it with my 2 girls although I can't get it now cause dh makes to much. Medicade you can get still as well unless he has insurance I got it for me, my 2 girls and dh until he got insurance and now we can't get it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Both have income requirements, and once married, his income will count toward that too. Usually you can go to the website and see a chart that shows the family size and income guidelines. You can also just call and find out. The income limit is raised when there's more people in the household, so you might still be eligible depending on his income. I know in WV, the income limits for WIC are set pretty high.
    tracylashelle

Answer by tracylashelle at 10:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Check online to see what the income maximums are in your state just to be sure. They will include his income, even if he's not the father of your kids.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• $9 an hour should qualify for both. Good luck.
    I know you'll still get WIC at $9 an hour.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Whether you can get either will depend on his income. If you're living together his income should have been a factor even though you weren't married yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yep, I have been...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I lost my job when I found out I was pregnant so I'm not working but he is. He's making $9 and hour and it's definitely not doing much...
    -Tiffany-

Comment by -Tiffany- (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2011