Music issue........

My kids have all out of nowhere loved a couple songs

Angels deserve to die by: Chop Suey.

Element 115 by: Elena Siegmen

Wont back down by: Eminem

And they are only eight. you should listen to the songs and tell me what u think. What should I do???

NorthStar115

Asked by NorthStar115 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Angels deserve to die is a great song, love it. Although I'm not a huge fan of System of a Down. Don't know the other songs. I've never really been one to sensor my kids music, so dont' know what to tell ya.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• They have shown me both I like the angels no cussing. But the other to "Element 115" and" Wont back down" I really dont like

Element 115 is about the holocaust and the showers where the killed people
    And
    Wont Back Down has A LOT of cussing but where would they here this at they cant get on the computer??
    NorthStar115

Comment by NorthStar115 (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have not heard the first 2, but have heard Eminem's.
    My son is 8 and Eminem is not someone he should be listening to....too much curse words and not much substance (especially for the young minds) to his lyrics.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• How old are your kids. Kids here music from everywhere. Luckily my kids never really listened to rap, although the have hear eminem because my hub would play it, but they really never understood what he was saying lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I know and all they do is just walk in the room, lock the door and turn up the music even louder
    NorthStar115

Comment by NorthStar115 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have twins at eight yrs old and a daughter at nine yrs old
    NorthStar115

Comment by NorthStar115 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• and i have a nephew living with me hes 15
    NorthStar115

Comment by NorthStar115 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• "all they do is just walk in the room, lock the door and turn up the music even louder"

Momma - who is in charge in your home? If your kids are 8 and you don't want music played in your home, you have the right to restrict it. If your 8 year olds are doing that kind of stuff, I'd say profanity in their music is the least of your kids' issues.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Your house, your rules. Taking away music privledges is easy. Not saying they won't listen to it when they are at friends house, but at least not in your home. It's one of those things that are harder to controll. That's why hub and I decided that music wasn't really a battle we intended to make. Kids are 17 and 12 now and they can listen to whatever they want at this point.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well im kinda weak in side right now because I lost my dog yesterday and my husband died 6 months ago and they have been acting like this ever since
    NorthStar115

Comment by NorthStar115 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011