What to pack when I have the baby for the hospital?

I have had 2 kids before so you think I would know what to pack, but I can't remember. I am only 32 weeks and 2 days, but I am trying to get prepaird now cause I have been having presure and stuff, but anyway. I can't remember what I packed with the other 2. My dh will be staying the night the first night with me. Here is what I already have. My underwear 2 pairs, a pair of socks, the babys coming home out fit and mine as well. A baby blanket, a hair tie for me, my camra is in my purse and I will be taking my purse. But what else did you bring? Oh ya I also have my rob and slippers.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hairbrush or comb,deodorant,toothpaste,mouthwash.infant carseat,u need that it is the law! candy!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/hospital-bag-checklist/

That is a link to a great list. Although you might not need everything on that list. If you are breast feeding make sure you bring the nipple cream, take home clothes, clothes for the baby, toiletries for you, if you want make-up and hair items, snacks. I just wore the hospital gown and did not even your 3/4 of the things I brought. Remember the hospital has the mesh panties for the ice pack and plus you are bleeding like crazy. Oh you might want a robe if you want to get up and walk down to the nursery or something it is also nice to have for when you have visitors. Just look at the list I think it covers everything you could possibly need.

Congrats!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I packed everything, but my had my husband bring it to the hopsital when we stopped home. I just had the basics... it will all get figured out.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I remember being glad I brought my own pillow from home (just don't use a white pillowcase). Old pairs of undies, hair dryer, make-up and slipper socks.
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I packed everything you mentioned, but I wore my own pajamas while I was there.
    MOMof3_28

Answer by MOMof3_28 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• thx for the lynk gibsongirl017
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• flip flops for taking a shower ...GERMS
    lauryn88

Answer by lauryn88 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I brought my own pads because I hated the hospital's pads. A huge bag to take home all of the goodies that people brought me and all of the free diapers I could STEAL from the hospital's cart... so I didn't have to buy as many NB diapers... and chapstick for during labor. Music for during labor.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2011