I am going on vacation for 7 days with my husband and leaving my 10 month old with my Mother and Mother in law while we are gone. My little one goes to daycare during the week while we are at work (7-4pm).

My question is, while we are out on vacation should we have our mothers take her to daycare to keep her schedule so she doesnt feel lost? I want my little one to feel as normal as possible while we are gone and neither of them want to take her since they want to spend time with her. I am afraid its going to mess up her schedule and aside from Mommy and Daddy not being there, now her day schedule is changing too. Help.

momporter

Asked by momporter at 11:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes yes yes a thousand times yes. it will make it a thousand times easier on you when you get back.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• No matter what you do, she will be fine. It does not do any damage when little ones get their scheduals messed up for a time. I would leave the decision up to the grandparents.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• For just a week, I think she will be fine. Just let the grandma's know that daycare is an option if they want to use it while they have her.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• yep you could ;) and enjoy ur vacation
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• They should at least take her for part of the day. 10-2 or something to help her stay in a quasi schedule. After a few days they will WANT a little break.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well,I can see them wanting to spend time with the baby. How about daycare till 12 noon?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'd let them keep her, kids are resilient and she'll be fine :) Have fun on vacation!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would let the grandmas keep her. It will be a special time for all of them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Either way should be fine.
    Have fun!
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• After a couple of days, grandma may be ready for a break. just make sure they know its available.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011