Is it right to start a thread about someone's personal life that doesn't directly affect you,on the Internet for the sake of discussion?

Whether they know or not? Isn't that like talking behind someone's back? Is it still judgmental? Am I alone in this thinking? Constructive thoughts please. Not trying to argue, just thinking.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in About CafeMom

• If it does not affect me personally, I don't make posts about other's lives. It feels too much like gossip and I am so tired of that kind of thing it's not even funny. Free country, free speech, whatever. Those are just excuses to stick your nose in someone else's life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's gossip, no matter how you look at it. I think if people paid more attention to their own lives than somebody elses, they would be a lot more happy
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If it does not affect me than I am not concerned about it and will not talk about it on the internet or anywhere else
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You mean gossip? It's never right to gossip about anyone, but people do it anyway because how else are we to vent or express our dislike for something or someone without it turning in to drama?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well...my thoughts are that as long as you are leaving names out then it doesn't really matter. I have posted questions about others. Sometimes I am just curious if others would have the same reaction I did. Others I am looking for advice when I am not sure of the advice myself.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Its a free country, go for it. We come on here seeking advice on something and probably 99.9999% of the time it involves another person, so "techincally" speaking we're all talking about someone right?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Wow I am really getting up under your skin! Two post about me. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Nope, just made for a good, constructive thread unlike yours. Creeper.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Btw don't flatter yourself, my other post was about my SIL. Omg you are lame....and you aren't the first person on CM to make a thread About someone's private life.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• first off! this site is for venting and talking to other moms an getting advice! just because someone else feels the post is irrelevant doesnt make it so. If you don't like a post DONT READ IT!

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011