Best travel tips for a 4 and 2 yo?

We are getting ready to move and the drive from our home now to our new home will take 6-8 days driving time. What are some good tips to keep the kids happy, we do have dvds for the car.

momoftatertots

Asked by momoftatertots at 11:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• When going to grandmas house (five states away) with a DD3 and DS4 this is what I do....
    1)keep as much distance between them as possible
    2)fill the space between them with quiet/ no battery toys and books
    3) leave right after dinner so I can drive all night while they sleep
    4)I only let them drink water and I only let them have more than a sip when the gas tank is getting low
    5) bring a pillow and blanket from off of thier bed (if it smells like home/bed they are more likely to sleep and sleep more)
    6)WHEN THE BABBLING BECOMES INCESSANT AND I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE... I turn the radio up loud and roll down the windows
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 1:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• With my daughter when we moved from Michigan to Colorado which is a 20 hour drive, we left at night so she would sleep most of the way. I say if you can drive mostly at night and take turns driving if you can. If not dvds, some games and coloring books with crayons
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Wow thats a long drive. Good luck and safe travels.. You could add some coloring books, little toys, books and where you will be on the road for that long stop and see all the little things you can see that way they get to see new things and are not in the car for to long
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2011