What are some foods my 11 month old can eat?

She doesnt have a lot of teeth yet which is why im asking. I give her carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes. She eats stage 3 baby food but would rather feed herself. So i guess that is what im asking what are some foods she can feed herself that are easy for her to mush up?

newlife627

Asked by newlife627 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can make certain types of pastas like ravioli and cut them up in small pieces that she can grab her self. I think gerber also has a line of those. My daughter did not like the ones from the store when she was that age, so I had to make my own, which she loved... Yogurt is a good one. YoBaby! is a soy yogurt that is really good and has bits of granola in it. Oatmeal or cream of wheat. I would not recommend hot dogs, but someone might so if they do remember to cut them lengthwise twice (into quarter slices) and then slice them width-wise. Just cutting them width wise is a choking hazard as they are the perfect size to lodge in baby's throat. Good luck mama!
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The reason im wanting her to eat more real food is because she is taking like 3 bottles at nap and bed and it is getting expensive! lol
    newlife627

Comment by newlife627 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well if you want snack like foods cookies are good. Not like the really sugarery kind but like vanilla wafers or something like that. Bananas but cut up so that she cant choke on it. Cheetos, the puffy kind. We gave our daughter viena sausages. They come in a can and you can find them by the tuna at the store but they are really mushy. The only thing is that they arent really that healthy but my daughter loved them and it helped her learn how to use a fork. Cooked noodles are good too because they are fairly mushy, so mac and cheese or lipton sides or you
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• could make spaghetti or something like that. Sorry for some reason my computer sent my answer before I was done lol
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My dd ate almost all foods at that time. I just chopped it up in a food processor and she chowed down.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My kids too were on nothing but table food at that point (started at 6 months when they only had 2 teeth or so); I gave them anything and everything as long as it was cut down to size or mashed up so they wouldn't choke.
    Anonymous

• My 11 month old eats whatever I eat, and she only has 2 teeth. I just cut it up small or mash it with the back of my fork, she feeds herself (except things like yogurt, applesauce, etc.)

Answer by missanc at 12:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• soft foods, or cut up fine, depending on if they have alot of teeth you could do more then that.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Pretty much anything you eat, she can eat - just has to be chopped up small or steamed/cooked a little longer so it's softer. Nothing like tacos, or spicy foods, but literally almost everything you eat she can eat.
    Anonymous