Would you feel guilty or not?

For putting the stops on talking to a married man on fb? It was getting way too emotional and way too personal. The guy was so lonely and just needed some guidance with his bossy wifey.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I've been guilty on that on FB as well. As long as you are just giving advice and being a friend. He's not wanting to meet up, or talk on the phone, is he? Sometimes it's an outlet for both of you. My husband isn't a big talker about his feelings, so it was refreshing to talk to one who did. Good luck!
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Facebook...you weren't getting emotionally invovled, you were simply giving him some directions and encouragement and guidance? No, I would not feel guilty and my hubs wouldn't care.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• No I wouldn't. I think it is way out of line to complain to the opposite sex about marriage problems, you're asking for trouble.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• How do you know he was loney and his wife was bossy? Because he told you so? Get a reality check, he wanted an emotional affair and you supplied it for a time and now you feel guilty for ending it? Please. If you don't want to talk to married men on fb, then you don't. And if you are married or have a special someone in your life, then why are you talking to a married man in the first place?
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 11:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• No, but I would feel guilty for starting to talk to him knowing that he was married and even if his wife is bossey, which you will really only know if you know her to begin with, its not your place to 'take care' of this man.....he needs to resolve the issues with his wife thru counseling or make the decision to get out of the marriage the right way.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Would I feel guilty for stopping it? If the man needed someone, yes. Would I feel guilty for doing it? No. Why would you ever feel guilty for being there for someone? And my DH wouldn't have an issue with it anyways.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Call me stupid but whatever happened to COMMUNICATING to HIS wife that the actions she is doing is bothering him or coming across as bossy? Men make me grrrr like that and people in general if you got a beef with me say it to my face even if it hurts a little because I didn't mean to come across however it was precieved....I think more often people should take into consideration the WIFE in the situation. How would you feel if you husband was talking to some woman hours on end bitching about what you do wrong? Just saying ladies food for thought.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I think you did the right thing ending the communication and I don't think you need to feel guilty about it. I do think that some men will vent to a woman friend about their wife/girlfriend and in the process start to have feelings to the woman he is venting to if he is attracted to her. But also, it might have been a case where he is venting but not changing his situation so you become his "therapist" and he becomes way too dependent on you. That's not good either.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• He set himself up for this type of marriage when he listened to her about not inviting his mother to the wedding now shes gotten worse and keeping the children from his family too.

The best thing he can do is go to his family and let them talk to her about her behavior
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i'd tell him that if he hasnt put a stop to it by now then it must not be that big of an issue for him.. and if there's really a choice option when it comes to family that his family wasnt that important to begin with.. all the advice in the world wont change it only make you attach yourself further and further to something only he can fix and really doesnt want to just wants to complain to a pretty face..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011