How can I get my baby to sleep with out his halo sack?

He is 4 months old and starting to turn over at night. This morning I found him face down...freaked my husband and I out!!!

lilly24601

Asked by lilly24601 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not sure, but I never understand why people are concerned with getting their baby out of those. You don't have to swaddle his arms in, and is the sack so tight he can't move is legs? 4 months and rolling over?! You're going to be a busy momma:) That would scare the crap out of me too. GL
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Not sure what a halo sack is...But I would just start putting him in pj's and hope for the best.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• :) Its pretty much a cotton bag or sack with velcro that holds the "swaddle" all night long
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Ahh.. okay. No wonder I didn't know. My dd hated being swaddled. She had to be able to move. Thanks.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I really love the Halo sack though, it helps him sleep through the night....if not then his fist taunt him :) and he gets sooo mad!
    lilly24601

Comment by lilly24601 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Poor guy :(
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Can you just swaddle the arms by tying a blanket around his shoulders?
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My son would only sleep on his tummy
    zombiemommy7

Answer by zombiemommy7 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• With the rolling, it is definitely time to stop! We weaned gradually - one arm out then both, then sleepsack. The Halo ones work really well to safely wrap with one or both arms out, and you could have him sleep with just his belly wrapped (both arms out) for as long as he needs it. We switched to the halo sleepsacks a few nights later, and he did great with the transition. I found them to provide some confinement, as well as replace the sleep que swaddling had become. And it kept him warm all night because he couldn't kick it off.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 3:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011