Is it true the baby moves less at the beginning of the 3rd trimester because its going through a growth spurt?

I have been feeling her less and less as of recently and i read that as the beginning of the 3rd triemester they are going through another growth spurt and i will feel her a little less. its just worries me.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 8:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• She's running out of room, which coincides with the growth spurt. If you are worried, eat a candy bar, then lay down on your left side for a while and as soon as that sugar hits her, she should move.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes!! this is true I went through it just a few months ago. It can be very scared at times because you may think there is something wrong with your child when you do not feel the moments but it is ok because there isnt much room for them to move in the 3rd trimister. Check with your dr though. I did maybe once a week when I didnt feel my son's moments for a couple of hours. It will help you ease your mind if you call your dr when you think something is wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes and also because there's less room for them to move around.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I just entered the 3rd and whenever I don't feel her I sort of push a little on my stomach and she is right there moving.
    Anonymous

• Excellent question! I have the same one! I am 27 weeks today...baby moves a lot some day and others not hardly at all...like today. Thank you all for the advice. It helps ease my mind some.
    SassyJulie

Answer by SassyJulie at 4:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2008