Cool invention or do they already have this out bc if they do i want it lol

ok i recentley came up with this idea that they probably already have or will come up with soon and i will be staring at the tv like ha i came up with that to bad i didnt get my but into gear and do it lol who has ever done this??? Am i the only one?
Anyways my idea was : You know how babys get into this habit of feeding b4 bed when there not hungry....well i think its fine for them to do this + natural but my son drinks it and then spits it back up not to mention hes on nutramigen and its very expensive. well i think it would be cool if someone came out with a nipple with no hole that u can replace with the nipple with the hole the reason i say this is bc even pacifiers that are the same look are NOT the same texture and my baby knows the diffrence and ur probably thinking "well yea duh bc theres not food coming out" but no this is not the case i already thought and experimented on this bc i gave my baby his bottle (when i knew he wasnt hungry) and quickley replaced with a paci...IT WORKED lol but the only problem with this is(it doesnt work everytime) and i dont wanna make a tiny bit of formula and keep doing this to get him to sleep and nutramigen is expensive getting a bit of subject but idk if this will continue into childhood and make his teeth rot just bc i let him drink juice or something to get to sleep + if i give him water he`ll probably pee in the bed lol i know they do this anyway but really? anyways back on subject is this a good idea since babys can tell if theres a bottle in there mouth bc of either the weight change, or just the texture change? not to mention the risk of a choking hazard is not there anymore (by the food) btw i dont put my baby down with a bottle but some parents do and i think this would be a good idea bc they want to prevent parents from doing that right? well there ya go problem solved not to mention no more nasty ear infections. So yay or na mamas? if u dont agree on this tell me why and how this might be a bad idea. The only thing i cant think of is what if u accidentley trick them into thinking there eating but not which is kinda the whole point but what if this makes it to where there little hunger timer doesnt go off? I guess thats what the parents r there for though. so what do u think? do u have any other ideas that could include this one?

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he? Can you just give him a little water? That is what my dd did.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I think I'm following. So like a nipple passy? lol I haven't had your experience w our kids, but it makes sounds. and sounds good to me. I agree that its the sucking thing that helps kids sleep rather than the need to eat. And to answer your question, no I've never seen this. The closet I've seen is a medicine dispenser for infatns that is a bottle nipple - at walmart
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well, we used Nuk bottles & pacifiers, and they were shaped the same, so it was easy for me. I know when my brother was a baby he refused a pacifier, but once in a while my mom would put her finger in a bottle nipple (to block the air flow) and let him suck on that if he'd just eaten, and he'd be happy. So...Idk, can't really see that being made reality, especially with so many pacifier options & whatnot out there.
    Anonymous