Does anyone else have a tiny toddler?

My daughter is half-korean and at 14 months she only weighs 17.5 lbs and is 29 inches long. She wasn't a premie, and I feed her the best organic foods all the time so I have no idea why she's so small! I've taken her to three Dr.s and they all say she's fine.

DpaigeP

Asked by DpaigeP at 9:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 26 months and is only 25 pounds!! He still fits into all his 18 month clothes!! His shorts can even be 12 months!! His Doctor says he is fine!! Dont worry!!!
    MomofLandon

Answer by MomofLandon at 10:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My daughter was (and still is) tiny too. As long as she is getting the nutrition she needs don't stress over it. You don't look like you are too terribly big :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My son is 19 1/2 months. He is 23 lbs and 31 inches. He is in mainly size 12 month clothes, which he starting to share with his 6 1/2 month old brother. lol He actually isn't as tiny as he was. At his last doctors appt at 16 months he was only 21 lbs and 29 1/2 inches. the doctor was worried because from 14 to 16 months he didn't gain weight and only grew 1/2 an inch. He made up for it a little this time. The time he was on the bottom of th percentage charts. Plus our family is just small. I am only 4'11''. My husband is 5'9'' but until our junior year of high school we were the same size. I don't expect our kids to be big. If your doctor isn't worried I wouldn't be either.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• she's fine, quit stressing. some people are petite, some people aren't.
    Anonymous

• Some babies are just smaller than others. As long as she has a healthy appetite and the doctors you have taken her to say that she is healthy, then I would say that she is in good health. She will grow in her sleep when you arent looking LOL. Thats what my kids did....
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 9:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• She is fine just petite. My son is 27 mos old and he weighs 22 lbs still and is only 31 inches. All kids are different and grow at different rates. If she eats healty and seems to have no health issues I would not worry about it!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• my nephew was in the 2% for height and weight for over 2 years. he is finally growing out of it, but they did lots of tests on him to make sure that he wasnt failure to thrive or had some metabolic disorder. the only thing i can tell u is that every kid grows differently, i wouldnt worry as long as the drs arent concerned.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My son will be 17 months on the 27th and he only weighs 19 lbs 13 oz... However he was 2 months early. But he eats ALL the time!
    hanksmom0207

Answer by hanksmom0207 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My youngest dd was always small, she weighed 5-2 at birth, she is now 13 and weighs 67 lbs...she is still small compared to other kids her age, but the dr has always said she is fine, she is just a small person! Don't worry, if she is eating and gaining weight...even a little over time she's fine...you just want to watch and make sure she doesn't lose weight.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Hi! My daughter (24 months) is half Korean too and I've had the exact same concern forever! She has weighed 22 pounds since last year but is healthy. It's funny because all the Korean babies here (I live in Korea) are HUGE!! But when they grow up they are so thin. I think she just has a super fast metabolism. Anyway, try not to worry. Way to go for feeding her healthy food. That's all she needs.
    jusalang

Answer by jusalang at 10:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2008