Potty training?

My son will be 3 in september and is still in diapers. Any ideas as to how I can encourage him to use the potty?

Haven_Doug1013

Asked by Haven_Doug1013 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I waited until my kids turned 3. Then I waited until I had 3 days to stay home, uninterrupted. Then I made a big deal out of big boy underwear. I bought their favorite character undies. In the morning I said "You are a big boy, now you wear big boy underwear. YAY!!" The first day I took them every 1/2 hour. There were a lot of accidents the first day. The second day I took them every hour or so. The third day they were completely trained. Never go back to diapers/pull ups except at night. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I suggest taking him to the store to pick his own potty and let him pick his own bog boy undies. Let him follow you and you SO to the bathroom to see that everyone else does it too. let him watch when you flush and you could even let him flush too. when you do have a potty for him let him play with it and get used to it and introduce it slowly. let him sit on it fully clothed, then without pants and finally without a diaper.
    punkomama08

Answer by punkomama08 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Just start showing the potty, and be patient with the process.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well im starting now and my daughter is 15 months old so make him sit on the potty everytime he gets done drinking something and when he gets up show him that he pee and treat him and continue to do the same thing everyday and he'll slowly start to get the hang of it....good luck hunn
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011