Uh Oh.

My friend on Facebook recently added a photo of this good looking older guy ( I am 24) ... So i commented and said " who is this good looking guy?" .. i meant it as a silly comment, i assumed it could have been her new boyfriend or something...

Well turns out it is her dad.... he seen that I posted that, added me and now in the last week as sent me probably 5 or 6 messages a day ....

So as I was chatting with her like I usually do I said " you know your dad has been sending me messages lol" ... and she said " yeah he asked about you after you said he was good looking, I told him you guys should go out or something" ...

Now I will say that I am also single and was planning on starting to date again ( I have been divorced for a couple years) ... and he has never been married but he has had 2 long term relationships, one that just ended a few months ago.

I mean like I said I think he is a cute man.... but I just dont see it happening and now I wish i never opened my big mouth ( or let my fingers touch the keyboard) .... But I feel badly because she said that he thinks I really like him...

I thought of just saying that I am still not ready to date yet, but I told her some time ago that i wanted to ...

Any Advice ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell her the truth that you think her father is good looking and you want to start dating again but her father is just not the right person. You can also tell her that if she knows "candidates" that she should let you know.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would just say I wasn't ready to start dating yet or that while I find him handsome it would just be too weird to date a friends dad.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would just say that while you do think he is good-looking, you just don't feel comfortable dating a friend's father. The age gap is more than you prefer.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would tell her that you value her friendship more than dating, and don't want to get involved with her father because it may make things weird between the two of you.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The only thing you know about this person is that there is a cute photo of him on your friend's FB page. I don't know how anyone could possibly "really like" a person based on that amount of information. If you want to meet him, do so. If you don't, then don't. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that - you don't even know this man!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I probably will just say that I think it would be odd to date a friends dad... and if she says something about it being alright ( because I think she would lol) ... I will say something about wanting to date a couple other people before getting someone serious...

I would be afriad to say something about the age because she is my age and is dating someone older than her dad !!!! lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• dr donna -- but i am friends with his daughter... that is the point i didnt want it to hurt her feelings ( she wants us to get together) ....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• do the cop out and say you are not dating and do not want to date anyone at all
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2011