My doctor says he can tell 75% I am pregnant with a boy...

Hi moms...
I had my 16 week ultrasound and knowing it was a bit early to ask about gender, the doctor looked and said that 75% he thought it was a boy. I am not due back for another month and of course the suspense is killing me. I went through a lot w/ my first son who is 3 and required open heart surgery - so I know the most important thing is that the baby is healthy and so far the baby looks good. Just wondering if anyone out there got this type of 75% thing w/ gender and it came to be true? Thanks so much!!
L

lauryn88

Asked by lauryn88 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My cousin was told the same thing and it turned out to be a girl. You will never know for 100% sure until the baby gets here.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My doc was convinced I was having a girl ... ultrasound didn't show anything but based on heartbeat and other factors ... ended up being a boy. And I know what you mean about concerning yourself with the health and not the sex ... my youngest had a really rough start in this life and I really thought I'd end up planning a funeral and not a baby shower but everyone around me only focused on the fact that she was a girl. Best of luck!
    Anonymous

• aww congrats on the lil bundle momma!!! i hope ur lil DS is ok and i hope the little one is as healthy as can be i am geting a ultrasound done at 17 weeks and the place guarentees it but it will be 3D ive heard people geting it done that early and it being corect i would be very suprised if it was wrong they say the "75%" to cover ther butt if they are ever wrong.
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My 22 week u/s showed a boy. 18 weeks later I gave birth to a girl. So...there's no guarantee until the baby's actually born.
    Anonymous

• 75% is not very confident. My niece had a 13week U/S and the tech told her immediately (she didn't even want to know) that is was a boy. She had another one today at 18 weeks and guess what it's a girl. That was pretty early but still you just never know. Do you have a clear shot of the bits?
    mrspnut82

Answer by mrspnut82 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I had to get amniocentesis both times because of my age(over 35 at delivery). They told us the baby's sex then, genes don't change. They do an ultrasound during the test and they told us then what sex the baby appeared to be, DH and I didn't go out and buy all blue or pink right then. We waited for the results and then bought some boy or girl stuff then(I have 1 of each) Before I was even pregnant DH and I decided if US only, then we would not find out. We did not want to get our hopes up on basically someone's "best guess" of the image.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 1:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011