Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

He took her cell phone

I got my daughter a cell phone for when she went to her dads, the guy is super sketchy and I want her to be able to call me if she needs anything. Well, he took her cell phone from her, and now he won't answer his, does anyone know if I can legally do anything about it?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Legally, there is nothing to do to stop him. What I would do is get her a wristwatch phone and tell her not to tell dad what it really is, then he won't take it. There are also wristwatch GPS trackers you can put on kids if you are concerned about her whereabouts, but you can get that in a wristwatch phone too. Heres an example of a watch-phone. Good luck!
    [I fail to understand why people are saying to stop visitation. You cant interfere with visitation unles syou want to face legal consequences, and getting a fathers visitation taken away is next to impossible.]

    Answer by AngelicaDem at 1:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Why are you letting her go (alone, no less) if he's super sketchy? Get visitation taken away. Your child's well-being is the most important thing.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Yes you can do something about it because YOU pay that bill and it is your property, not his. Call the cops and ask for an officer to come out so you can talk to them or go to the station yourself and explain to them exactly what you explained to us here.

    Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • I would call the cops and ask them to do a well check to "make sure they are all ok". When the Dad gets pissed off, you can reassure him no cops will come to his door as long as you know your children are ok. All they have to do is answer the phone. I believe the court will back that up.

    Answer by ochsamom at 1:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Because it's court ordered, the county the case is through is a bunch of nut jobs, and even with police reports among other things, they still think he needs to be around the kids, once I finally get the case moved to the county I live in, it will be taken care of

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • It's obvious that the man don't want your daughter to call you while she's with him, ask your daughter questions about her activities with her father, somewhere in what she's tell you will be the answer to why he took her phone, and don't want her talking to her during her visits with him.

    Answer by Ajai at 1:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011