Is it okay to let my daughter eat all Stage 2 foods?

My daughter is 8 months old and she has been eating stage two fruits and veggies. Well there are other stage two foods such as meats, pasta's and desserts. Is it okay to let her eat those because some of them contain milk, eggs, or other ingredients that could be allergin foods. (Some of the foods I'm asking about are Peach Cobbler, macaronie and cheese, Banana custard, Yougart meledy, Chicken and apples, prunes). She's just eating the same foods over and over again. I'm sure she'd enjoy something new.

Kichelle05

Asked by Kichelle05 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Food & Drink

• My son was eating stage 3 by that age. My doc says they're all safe because they are made for babies. I think it's imporant to expose them to lots of tastes so they won't be picky eaters so he's had all of them.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My kids loved them. I agree with MAUREEN55- expose them to it. I didn't with my oldest and she is the pickiest eater I have ever seen. My youngest, put it in front of him and he will eat it :) lol
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My son is 8 months, just turned it on the 11th and I let him have all stage two,he loves the sweet corn casserole and hawian delight. I have given him a couple stage three such as mac and cheese. Also yesterday I got him some of those cheese puff things for toddlers because he just got two teeth but I hold them for him so he doesnt choke on it.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Oh okay...I was just worried because her pedi said she wasn't allowed to have milk, eggs, seafood, and certain fruits cause they were allergin foods...and some of the gerber stage foods contain those ingredients.
    Kichelle05

Answer by Kichelle05 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My daughter was okayed to start eating table food as long as it was chopped finely. I was also told Stage 3 food is just a way to make $$ its the same as if you were to make it.
    maddysmommy907

Answer by maddysmommy907 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• my son by 8months was on table foods.My daughter started table foods at 8months.Your child will be fine eating table foods but stage 3's also if your not comfortable yet
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• When you say table foods...what is an 8 month allowed to have?
    Kichelle05

Answer by Kichelle05 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• You have the list of Nonos from the doctor. Of course you avoid those. I give my son anything mushy enough for him to chew that's healthy. I don't do anything salty, fried, or sugary. I'm trying to avoid as much processed food as I can. I bought a bag of frozen peas and carrots and just run a handful under tap water to thaw them out and he loves it. Most fruits work fine and he likes them. I also boil asparagus, bean, even broccoli (but not too much cause it's so gassy) and dice them up for him. Plus he'll sit and eat in his high chair for a while eating those by himself.I also give teeny tiny bites of chicken and beef. Just watch her carefully to make sure she's chewing it up. If she's not wait a while and try again.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• of course. my baby is 3 months already had her first spoon of icecream.u know ur baby if it doesnt upset her and shes eating good y not.
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• ok..thanks ladies. I'm gonna stick with the gerber 2 foods right now and introduce the new ones slowly. then if she does good with all of those i'll go up to stage 3.
    Kichelle05

Answer by Kichelle05 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2008