How can i get my 22 month old to sleep in her own bed??

Right now she's going through a phase where she cried at night when I put her to bed. Granted she's been sick. Usually we let her cry it out but lately she will cry for an hour straight so I give up and go get her. Any suggestions??

LivieClaire0207

Asked by LivieClaire0207 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do not go get her, some kids cry for hours on end till they get there way, you can go in there sometimes to reassure her everything is ok, but if you take her from her bed she will feel there is no need to be there cause mommy will get her...I know its hard, but you need to keep her there, try different things, like night lights, light music, a book in bed, things to make her feel comfortable would be my suggestion, but never take her out of her bed, make her realize that is her space that she needs to sleep in :)
    StaceeLee

Answer by StaceeLee at 10:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2008