Did you or do you ever feel like its just you?

When pregnant did or do you ever feel lonely? from hormones? My husband and me just got married 3 mths ago and im 28 wks pregnant and when we found out i was pregnant we moved to a bigger house farther from my family :( everybodys at least 35 mins away and always busy , im still young im 20 and this is our first, and my husband works on the rig, he is the best, we have been together and talked for 5 yrs but when its just me and it is 105 outside in a small town with no friends or family around i just feel so lonely! This morning i cried and almost went into a begging mode for my husband to stay home and never leave me!! He said please amber dont do this you know there is no place id rather be!! but for you to be a stay at home mom and for me to take care of my family i have to go. I felt bad and just cried, how can i not do this or feel this way! ive been nesting now for alomst a mth! and so i dont go anywhere unless shopping for food and stay home cleaning!!!

amberpowell

Asked by amberpowell at 1:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I know exactly how you feel. My hubby works a lot and its so he can support and I can stay home with our daughter and soon our son. But sometimes when he is working a lot I get very lonely and I cry. I mean I have no one to hang out with or even talk to except for my 4 year old. I joined this site hoping to make some friends that I can talk to but that hasnt happened. No one talks to me. Being a stay at home is very hard when you no one to talk to or hang out with. I've been doing it for 4 years now. But because of being pregnant and increased hormones its way worse. I even try to talk to my mom but she never answers her phone or calls me back. I think it does get a little better when you get use to it. Try making date nights for when hubby is home and spend as much time with him as possible when you can, it might help.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• :)) i know what you mean about making freinds on here! it would be nice to make some good influences on here! My DH devotes his time and energy to me when hes home! He wont leave my side and hasent for a long time lol Were like the bestest friends we do everything together and talk about everything but like i told him this past wkend i was lonely and never wanted him to leave me and jut cried and begged him to just quit his job and be a hippee with me lol bc they dont work haha he just laughed and then said how about instead a kitten! :D it made my day but during the wk i at least wish i knew somebody to talk to or befriend lol. All my friends left once i got pregnant and then married they all are partiers and im like i cant.... lol i just stinks! Thanks for the advise hopefully it gets better for us both!!! i wish you lots of luck!! lol
    amberpowell

Comment by amberpowell (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Hormones do help you be lonely. It would be good if you could find a group of some sort though to hang out with- a church or group with one of your craft interests or something. Or hopefully there is (or you could start!) a moms group.

I'm just saying, I was pretty lonely when pregnant, but over time with the baby, and the first years when my kids were young, it was even worse. So if you can, please try to get out and make connections that you can use when you have your baby.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• thankyou!
    amberpowell

Comment by amberpowell (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Oh hun I am sorry your feeling this way. Its great to have a husband and a house to clean and kids to take care of, shopping to do, holding down the fort as they say. But, you cant lose YOU in this whole thing. You have to be able to find balance. Even in the 105 degree weather and out in the boondocks. There has to be local places you can join, a gym...different classes, book clubs etc. Do a little research on the area and you will be suprised as to what pops up.

I am here for you if you ever need to talk, just shoot me a message.
    xoxo
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 3:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• this hurts my feelings amber. I live 3 blocks from you and I am family and your friend (or so I thought). You know I'm always home bored too, you can come over or invite us over anytime.
    cynsanches

Answer by cynsanches at 8:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2011