Ok i breast feed 3 kids never needed a vitiman suplument??? my new ped. said that i should have and should now any thoughts???

???shes 2 months and gained 4.5lbs over birth weight so i think she is all good??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A vitamin for you or your baby? The baby shouldn't need one at all. I kept taking my prenatal vitamins while I was breastfeeding.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The vitamin supplement is for YOU. The milk will take from your body what the baby needs. That's why women are more prone to osteoporosis and stuff. I've always heard continue to keep taking your pre natals or a multivitamin.

Anonymous

• PS. Sounds like the baby is a good weight, but that means the caloric intake is right, but are there enough vitamins in you for her...
    Anonymous

• yeah i take my prenatal but doc said for the baby to take a vitiman suplument
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yep we got the same thing last month, DD is 5 mo now. Pedi said Vitamin D supplement for babies who don't get 18oz of formula/day. Most adults do not get enough Vit D which in turn doesn't make enough in BM for baby. We give it to her when we remember, but my DS who's now 6 never got it and he's fine.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• To add to that...DD is perfect weight, height, vision, etc, etc. I was confused at first too, its just new research :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's a good idea to take one even if not breastfeeding. As we get older our bodies change, it just helps.
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• oh well i drink milk and love yogurt lol omg g 2 g lol shes in my arms and just pooped out her dipper for the 6th time so far today lol fun times
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Oh for the baby....huh!
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Your baby does not need a supplement. You can get Vit D from the sunlight.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011