How long did it take you to get pregnant with PCOS?

My husband and I have been trying to concieve for the last few years but I was diagnosed with PCOS early this year. I have been seeking out fertility treatments since then but the problem is I still haven't ended up pregnant. I am quickly lossing hope, and money. Everyone has told me to just do it naturally and I will be blessed with a bundle when I least expect it but...I still can't shake the feeling of having something missing in my life (I have no children)...What do you suggest? How long did it take you? Any words of wisdom?

MrsMaryKaDoodle

Asked by MrsMaryKaDoodle at 1:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you been prescribed metformin? Many women with PCOS are put on it to aid in their fertility. It's normally a diabetic drug used to help your body use the insulin your body makes, but it does increase fertility levels.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I was put on clomphiene. The drug that forces eggs to come up.
    MrsMaryKaDoodle

Comment by MrsMaryKaDoodle (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• metformin is the best i also found out that royal jelly is good for pcos its a vitamin u can look at the web site royalbeejelly.com i started taking it on this pass sunday alone with metformin an i am looking for my big fat positive no later than august so take a look at the web site an u my like it.
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Metformin and Clomid should be used TOGETHER in women with pcos! Most women with this condition are insulin resistant which is the reason for the methformin. That allows the Clomid to do its job of causing the body to release an egg.

Also check out http://www.fertilityblend.com/

It took a close family member 11 years to concieve with pcos.

Anonymous