6 weeks after c section and still bleeding?? normal?

6 weeks after birth and still bleeding. its not alot but concerns me. me and husband has sex a week ago and caused me to bleed again. should i call the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should call your doc if you use a new maxi sanitary pad for vaginal bleeding every hour for 4 to 5 hours. (If you have a past vaginal delivery to compare to, you may notice that post-cesarean bleeding is lighter.) My c it only lasted like 2 weeks.. I'd call.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I was bleeding for 4.5 months straight after giving birth. also c-section. went to the OB for 6week check-up and the bleeding wasnt that bad at this time.. but it got bad again so i went back to the OB... at this time i was on a mini pill so i could still breastfeed... but the pill still wasnt the right one for me, thats what was causing the bleeding... so yeah.. 5months almost.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You could've started your period....are you on any BC??? I breastfed exclusively, both DD and DS, and both times, I started my period after bleeding for 6 weeks postpartum....as long as it's not getting worse and you're not soaking a pad every hour, I wouldn't worry...it's more than likely that you've started your period....but if you still are worried, call and ask!!
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2008