Im 38 weeks dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced how can i dilated more?

They want me to be more dilated or my contractions to be stronger or Water to break. I need help please! Any suggestions besides sex?

sethsmommy1011

Asked by sethsmommy1011 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• walk, walk, walk.....you are pretty close to being ready to go, I think walking will help :) Go shopping for baby stuff today and get in all that walking with some fun!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Walking helped me. But really, your body just has to be ready. Just wait it out. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Your body is doing what it needs to do. You'll get there when it's time....unless there is a medical reason, why rush it? It will happen.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree it will happen when its suppose to happen. Your cervix can be dilated and effaced from anywhere to a month to just before you go into labor. Dont rush it. I was dilated at 2 cm for almost a month before my daughter was born.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Just be patient. You have plenty of time and your little one might need to be in there for awhile longer. It will all work out.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• ive been dilated at 2 cm and 50 % effaced for 2 weeks now.. i constantly go into the hospital with intense contractions for 2-3 min for hrs and they claim im having contractions bc im dehydrated ... they claim thats why im not progressing... bs... i feel ur pain.. ive done it all.. walking sex spicy foods even castor oil and nothing has worked.. i hope u have ur baby soon
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2011