Is it important to you what goes on in our Congressman's personal life?

I mean...I get that alot of you are lacking faith and trust in Congressman Weiner because he decided to show his penis to some whore on the internet and lie about it. But seriously, how does his actions affect your life as far as what kind of decisions he makes for congress and the government? I mean he did that on his own personal time and with his own phone, did he not? So how does that affect us?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Just as a woman's abortion is none of my business so is a politicians personal life. I get that he took pics on government property but the media frenzy was ridiculous on this one... Oh and it's safe to say "liberal media bias" is a myth.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 3:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• People are going to say that it proves he is a liar and a jerk, but he is a politician, so we already knew that about him. It doesn't effect me at all. I don't really care either way.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Uh, no. He did that from his office, while he was working. And she wasn't a whore, she was a regular woman, just like your mother or sister or daughter. If you live in his state, you paid for his phone calls to these women, and for the person who answered the phone when they called him, and his computer. Most likely his phone, too, unless he maintained separate home and work cell and only used the home cell to take crotch shots.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I don't believe all men a lying dogs. I believe my man is trustworthy. Sorry you have trust issues.
    And, well, yes, it is important to me what goes on in a Congressmans personal life. A presidents life, too. I think it shows their moral character. Especially things like this schmuck did. Especially since he lied about it. Sure, politicians lie. And yes, we all know they do it. It's f*cking sick that we have come to accept that, no? Why should we? Why the hell should we just accept that they lie? They are supposed to be our voice, yet they aren't. We are supposed to trust them, yet we can't. And we just accept it. That's bullshit. And it gets worse and worse.
    They now are supposed to just be able to do shit like cheat on their wife, their kids, and we say, 'oh, well. It's just because they are a man. And a politician. What did you expect?'
    This ass is being humiliated, which is great. He should be, they need to do it more.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If he was doing it on his own time, it wouldn't but me... as long as he does his job... however from what I understand, he was doing this while he worked. In any job I have ever held, if I was to do crap like that while ON THE JOB, and got caught, I would get fired.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes and no. If his wife can't trust him, why should we?? On the other hand i believe this shit should should stay between the people it really has to do with. Bleh. Just my opinion sorry.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Nope
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• SINCE WHEN ARE MEN TRUSTWORTHY ANYWAY! MEN HAVE BEEN LYING DOGS SINCE DAY ONE! SO WHY DOES THIS MAN LYING CREATE SUCH A WAD IN EVERYONE'S UNDERWEAR!?!?! It's human nature to lie about sex. Doesn't everyone know that?
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I haven't followed the situation that closely. If he was on "company time" it does affect me. He is one of a select few chosen to serve the American people in his capacity. What does he do with that privilege? Sends pictures of himself to some random chicks on the internet. I think he's disgraced himself and if he doesn't resign (which murmurs are now that he will) his constituents should implement their own term limits and vote him out.

sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 1:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I could care less what a person does in his spare time as long as he gets the job done he's paid to do.
    Ajai

Answer by Ajai at 2:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2011