Is this really the size of my baby ??

so idk how to tell if this is really the size of my stomach ...

im 16w....
and when i wake up and use the bathroom my stomach goes to being small , but then along the day im eating and stuff then it actually looks like i have a baby bump going on

idk if i should base the size of my baby bump from when i first wake up and use the bathroom or from when i go about my day eating and stuff ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't matter, the baby is moving too. You also have fluid in there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• There really isnt a way to tell how big your baby actually is until birth. When I was 37 weeks pregnant with my daughter they did an ultrasound and said she weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. When I went into labor at 41 weeks they did another one and said she was about 8 lbs 5 oz but when she was born less than 24 hours later she was 9 lbs 1 oz. As long as your baby is moving and has a good heart beat you are fine. They will do an ultrasound around 20 weeks and you will have a better idea of how big baby is and if its growing right.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yep there is no way to tell. Sometimes they tuck themselves in nice and tight and sometimes they are all out front.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well you have to remember food does bloat your stomach. Also that the placenta and amniotic fluid is there too. So your baby at 16 weeks is about 2 1/2 inches big give or take. Check out the attached link!

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-16-weeks_1105.bc?intcmp=timeline
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2011