How do I ask for something back?

slade was born last year Xmas eve. We got his pictures done at the hospital With our order we got 2 "ordiments" made. 1 was with him and it said "twas the night before xmas" with my fav picture of him in it. the other we got as a gift for grandma, that said grandmas boy around it with a different picture. when she came to the hospital, i asked her to open the package and that i was giving her an ordiment with his picture. I dont know if she didnt hear right, but she took them both! i didnt know what to say or do it was crazy at the time. I told travis(my fiance) about the miscommunication, tihnking he would do or say something abou it and never did. when we were sent home we went for a visit, and she thanked us for them both, how she had one on the tree and one at work...now that xmas is coming up, and i dont have a first ordiment for him. i really want to clear this up and take it back. is it to late? what can i say?

Shannon85

Asked by Shannon85 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• You should have fixed it when it happened. you know that. I think it it to late.
    Unless you want to make grandma feel bad.

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Eh.. that sux. Just tell her, " you were so happy and I dont want to ruin that...etc etc" She'll understand. Is there a way to reorder another ornament?
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Grandma's a mom too. She knows how special all the "first" things are. I'm sure she'll be happy with one. Just make her some extra this year..
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• When she thanked you, you should've said something right then, or called as soon as you figured out what happened.
    I'd politely tell her what happened and hope she offers to return the one.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Reorder another ornament. Don't take away grandma's 'gift.'
    mama_k228

Answer by mama_k228 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you shouldnt feel bad..just ask for it back and explain that the situation. then get another one for her made. i know that grandmas usually are very understanding women.
    brit2442

Answer by brit2442 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2008