My Middle Child is 2, and she doesnt talk much, How do I get her to talk??

I can get her to say mom and dad and her sisters name and of course bottle, and she understands everything I say to her. If I ask her to do something she does it no problem. But when it comes to talking she basically refuses to tell me anything, What do I do?? She throws a tantrum when u can't figure out what she wants, and she won't tell me what she wants.

StaceeLee

Asked by StaceeLee at 10:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when she wants something says what it is then say if you want it you say it and don't give it to her till she says it.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes I do that. But she will refuse and eventually give up pointing for it. She doesnt talk EVER, for anything. She has an older brother who is 6 that tells me everything she wants, and I keep telling him I want her to tell me, I dont need him to tell me anymore, its time her her to be a big girl, but she still will not, *sigh*
    StaceeLee

Answer by StaceeLee at 10:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My son is two as well and is exactly the same way. Once in awhile he will say "kitty" or some form of "please" but that's about it. I have heard from other moms and his doctor that speech delay is normal. You do have the option of speech therapy classes too. Really though, my son gets really upset too when I try and get him to tell me what he wants. I have also heard that late talkers are non-stop talkers later in life. Enjoy the quiet now!
    momtosammyt

Answer by momtosammyt at 5:34 AM on Dec. 13, 2008