My husbands grandma funeral is tommorow..My inlaws are having there preacher come

.And have told everyone that if they want to say something they can write it down and the preacher will read it.. Well my husband thinks thats great for everyone but he wants to get up there himself and say wht he has to say.. My inlaw think my husband should just go with the flow and write his thoughts down.. But my husband doesnt want to .Who do you think has the right to make that choice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly I think the children of the person that died have the right to choose. I understand as Grandkids we mourn, my Grandmother was one of my best friends and her passing was one of the saddest things I have dealt with in life. But in the end my Mother needed my support more and for me to be by her side and get her through that day more than I needed. She had an ideal of how things should go and I did my best to do it exactly as she wanted. There were things I would have done differently but in the end it truly does not matter. Maybe the comments that he has to make should be a private thing between him and his Grandma during a visit to where she is being buried.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It should be up the person. some people talk easier in front of people than others.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Plus my husband doesnt want to have to force his thoughts down on paper.. He just wants to say what comes naturally while he is there.. Im going to step back let what happens happen
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I think that it is up to the child whose parent has died to make the decisions on how they want things done.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 4:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2011