Giving 2 month old diluted non sugar apple juice???

Ok first off im not giving my 2 month old apple juice etc i was just wondering is there anything safe to give him that is not gonna knock of his electolytes or make him sick etc ?
I have tryed everything i tell u everything and nothing works not even a paci to get him to sleep without formula and nutramigen is expensive is there any way i could give him pedialyte or something saftley that doesnt make him have diareah or bouce off the walls?
Im pretty sure theres not. I have had people tell me oh just give him a little dialated apple juice.....idk i feel much safer to give him a lil warm non sugar apple juice bc its probably safer than water bc of water intoxication. So is there anything i can give to him thats safe before bed that u can form into a habit that wont rot his teeth out when he gets older? it cant include a milk or lactose product....no bashing plz im a new mom and i dont know these things as well as others.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When DD was 4 mo (5mo now) the pedi gave us pedialyte for her. I'm not sure if there's an age with that. But she hated it cold and warm. Call pedi and ask if its ok.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• How much formula is he intaking throughout the entire day?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• What does your pediatrician recommend?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Why can't you give him formula only? That is what is recommended until at least 4 months. I guess I don't understand what the problem is.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 2:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I was told nothing other than formula to breastmilk because it is just empty calories.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• He needs the formula for his health. Feed him formula before bed. If you can't afford it go to your local Social Services & they will provide you with formula. You are basically starving a baby by not feeding them formula or breast milk at that age. Please go for help today. Go in person with your baby. Get a phone book & look in the white pages for Social Services or Goggle them for your town/County
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Just formula at that age.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• how often are you feeding the lil guy? You can't go without feeding him for periods of time because the formula is expensive. Why don't you ask your pediatrician about relactating and start breastfeeding him?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Just formula or breast milk should be given at that age.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would not give a 2 month old any kind of juice or anything other than breast milk/formula.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011