Being induced in the morning... kinda scared

is there anything i should know about it

sianniona

Asked by sianniona at 2:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Labor caused by induction hurts so much more than natural labor. Just relax and ask for medications if you need them.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Breathe it out..stay as calm as you can and be honest with your nurses as to how your feeling...now is not the time for a brave face :) Take what you can get and I wish you the best!
    Mazel Tov!
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 3:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It Hurts, lol.
    I was induced with all 3 of mine. just stay come, focused and try to get plenty of sleep you will need your energy.. they should give you small doses of pitocin( which is the inducing medicine) then you will begin to get contractions.
    God BLess
    Congrats on this wonderful new arival
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 2:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Its so gross lol. Does not hurt, well for my two it didnt not hurt, its just a pressure, then come the contractions :) I had a ton of fluid with my 2nd and it was so gross. Its scary and exciting, good luck to you momma, you'll do great!!!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• That everything will be ok. Good luck hun.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I guess I'm thinking induced in terms of them breaking your water :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Life as you know it will never be the same! It will be AMAZING...yet exhausting. Congrats and good luck. :)
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Don't let them crank it all the way up. I only needed to go to a 3 out of 10 and had good consistent contractions after an hour and was taken off the pitocin after 5 hours. Yet, the nurse kept insisting that it needed to be increased. My baby had trouble getting his heart rate up after contractions at only a 3, so I can't imagine what it would have been like if the Pitocin had gone any higher. Almost every woman I know who was induced and ended up with a Csection had the Pitocin cranked up real high and stressed the baby. I'm not saying that is always the case, we'll nver know if they'd have ended up with a Csec anyway, but it's too much of a coincidence for me to ignore. I insisted that they kept the Pitocin low and the stress on the baby wasn't too bad and he ended up still being born vaginally.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I was induced. For me, the only "bad" part was when they actually put the stuff up on my cervix. They had to reach in with no lubricant. Ugh. Because of the picotin, I made arrangements to have an epidural and they went ahead and did it when I asked--before the contractions got too strong. After that, it wasn't too rough. Good luck! You're going to be a mama!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My nurse told me whenever I wanted my epidural I could have it and to make sure I don't let the pain get to bad. So hopefully they tell you the same thing. If I would've known I was being induced I would've been scared as well. I ended up with a c-section, everything happened so fast. It'll all be ok! Just make sure you get some rest while you're in the hospital. The extra hands help! How exciting!!!! You'll never forget the first time you get to see your little bundle of joy! Good luck and congrats!!!!
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011