Depression

I'm not sure what I am looking for. Maybe it's advice, comfort, or for someone to just tell me what to do but I'm totally lost. I should be loving life right now. My husband has an "ok" job. I am in love with my 15 month old son. Yet, every day I wake up completely exhausted and weak (even though I am getting plenty of sleep). I feel like a failure. I'm not doing anything right. I don't even want to leave the house because I know everyone in this town and I have put on some weight. When I diet ALL I can think about is food, no matter how busy I try to keep myself. I dont' even have enough energy to play with my boy, although I do try my hardest. I just want to lay in bed and sleep all day. I'm so depressed and extremely irritable. I just need some guidance. We are also paying a few huge hospital bills so I can't even afford and extra 50 bucks to see a therapist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• I know what your going through, i suffered for years with anxiety and depression. it is a total monster on your spirit, i remember the crying spells, how every noise seemed louder then it really was, i couldn't make decions, i was touchy and irritable, i couldn't sleep, yet felt i needed to sleep, the anxiety was the worse factor for me( feeling like i was coming outta my skin in the worst possible way is the only way i can describe that horrible aching anxiety). I tried different meds and it only made me depedent on them, put me in a fogm or worsened my symptoms so i took myself off them. i don't recommend if you are on a medication to stop cold turkey as that can make a whole bunch of problems happen( talk to a doctor and if you do decide to come off a medication he will tell you how to do it saftly). im just telling you my story. i turned to the bible the book of psalms and thats when i was changed.
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 2:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i now hold on to God and his word and truthfully thats all i needed. he keeps me steady and gives me a reason to live. it's not easy no, but its possible to heal from this monster. if you wanna talk im here
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 2:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• hugs! my hubby has depression too! he is on meds for it and they work 75% of the time! he still has ups and downs but its better than it was! if u need to talk im here! i used to put up positive quotes around the house for him to read during the day to make him feel better!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Depression is a medical problem. If I were you, I would make a payment plan with the hospital to get the bills down to a manageable level, and then search out some source of affordable care. See your primary care doctor, or your OB/GYN, and tell them what you are going through. You can take meds or do talk therapy at lots of places and it won't cost you an arm and a leg! Think about what you would tell your best friend if she were going through this? Would you tell her to suffer in silence and struggle through? No, you would probably tell her to get help! Don't be so hard on yourself. You need to be at your best to care for your child and because you deserve it! There is help out there, all you have to do is make that hard first step! I have been there, it's a bitch, but you have to try. Hang in there mama, and make some calls to get yourself better again! Hugs!!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011