Do you believe detoxing your body?

Like those colon cleanser they talk about. I would like to try the "Dual Action Cleanse" They always announce it on their segments on it. It sounds so convincing but you have to b skeptical about.
What do you girls think?
Should I or shouldn't I?
This is suppose to clean you out very throughly better than a laxative...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Health

• Your body cleanses and detoxes itself everyday on its own.

The best way to put your body into supercharge cleansing is to do a water fast and get supervised by a professional.

Colon cleanse are not good for your body IMO. Providing your body with easy to digest nutrients from fruits and greens is the best way you can go to allow your body to do the cleansing itself.

http://www.yourfatfreedom.com
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I've done it numerous times. But if you don't make lifestyle changes, why bother doing it at all?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Colonoscopys shouldn't be done just randomly. They were talking about it on the doctors. Once a year, maybe. But the colon does a very good job of cleaning itsself out and the only other time you sohuld need one is if you're having issues.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my SO learned in school that the average person has a brick size of waste in there body that they can't pass due to preservatives and fast food.pretty gross.

ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 11:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

that's false.
    Everything passes normally, and you would definitley know if there was something the size of a brick in there. The colon is not big at all.
    I'm going to school to be a Radtech, I have to learn allllll about this kind of stuff, lol.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Colon cancer is the number one cancer above ALL the rest. You keep 3 to 4 days of excrement in your colon that turns to bacteria after 48 hours. I use a daily fiber drink to make sure my colon is thoroughly cleaned out every day. It is normal to have 3 bowel movements a day, after all you eat 3 meals a day. My neighbor died from colon cancer, it was very painful and she suffered terribly. Most colon cleansers are hype, I agree. They cost too much and don't keep your colon clean on a daily basis. A natural drink with psyllium husk fiber, herbs, vitamins and antioxidants promotes regularity, collects and sweeps away toxins, relieves occasional constipation gas,and bloating and also helps reduce the risk of heart disease and reduces cholesterol too is what I take twice a day, I feel so good now and never have stomach problems anymore.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Nanaevelyn said it best.
    If you take in enough fiber, you really sohuldn't hav eany problems.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2008