S/O of the the greatest generation question.... What from your childhood would you like to share with your children?

DH and I are big losers and so the other night we were talking about books from our childhood that we wanted to get out daughter this year. Background, every year we find books that we remember from when we were younger and that helps us with Hannah's book library for story time at night. This year we have decided on The Boxcar Children, Tiki Tiki Tembo, Maniac McGee, and the Mouse and the Motorcyle... Sooo books are what we want to be sure to share with her.... that and sega geneis. WE LOVE SEGA ha.

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• imagination. A lot of kids nowadays do not have an imagination.. They are being raised by tv and video games and aren't given the opportunity to entertain themselves.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 7:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• omg the boxcar children.. i forgot about those books! loved them!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I don't think you're dorks. I think that's sweet :)

I can't wait to take my kids fishing. My Dad took us camping and fishing all the time in the summer as kids.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I am teaching my children about the native wildflowers from our area and how to recognize them, also how to make homemade biscuits from scratch.

Answer by missanc at 2:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I found my old pong game in my Mother's attic,, it still worked, dear son who is 6 said this is awful,, LOL! I sure wish I could have my son experience walking to school or the store, or being able to go off after lunch and explore by yourself, but not in this day and age!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Little House on the Prairie
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• 1) Saturday morning cartoons and cereal (Looney Tunes!)
    2) nature trails
    3) Winnie the Pooh
    4) a lot of our Christmas traditions
    5) coloring t-shirts and wearing them
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 9:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• ZPEREZ- So do we ha... we can't wait to read them and got sidetracked talking about the mysteries that we liked etc. LOVED LOVED LOVED the pizza mystery lol
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• kimigogo- We talked about how we could just ride our bikes all day long. Just us and our friends... riding bikes. Now, I can't let Hannah leave my sight outside because I have to worry about some perv snatching her...
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Whoa hill_star03., I said losers not dorks! You just called us dorks! hahaha. jk. Yes, we know we are but it makes life fun :) He takes hannah fishing and camping as much as possible. ol' mom hates it so I just stay behind. He used to think that he needed a son for these things, but his daugther likes it so he's happy :)
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011