Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Help !! I posted a question yesterday regarding my bf wanting me to get an abortion. adult content

I officially decided to keep the baby and cut this guy out of my life. I had a straight forward talk with him and he told me there was no way he would allow for the baby to be born. He threatened to sue me and said he had images in his head of him shooting me with a gun. He even went as far as to say he would leave the country. My question is, is there anything i can do legally to protect myself. He said it verbally so it would be my word against his and he has a high powered job. Help!

Answer Question

Asked by natashafairy at 3:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

Level 4 (43 Credits)
Answers (18)
  • Well I am glad you stuck to your guns, you can file a restraining order as well as an order of support, he should be helping with expenses and what not. DO NOT contact him, call a lawyer and have them help you, hopefully he was just trying to scare you, but better safe than sorry, if he didn't want a baby she shouldn't have been having sex... I think you might need you parents help, and I would inform his as well.

    Answer by kimigogo at 3:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • If I were you I would let the police know what he said about images of him shooting you. Threatening things like that can warrant legal action, I would take it. My goodness- this guy sounds awful, I am so sorry you are going through this. Keep away from him and stay close to supportive friends and family.

    Answer by cdecker83 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • sorry HE shouldn't have been having sex... lol

    Answer by kimigogo at 3:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Tell someone about it, anyone!! A cop (then it will at least be on record), a lawyer (just over the phone cuz I know they're expensive), your doctor - someone who has a highly recognized job & where it can be written down. Even try a domestic violence help line & see if they can point you in the right direction for help since they deal with that kind of stuff everyday. Or just call/ talk to them all - sorry you're going through this & keep safe, also GOOD ON YOU for wanting to keep your baby, very proud of you!!!

    Answer by Ellie15 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • stay away. far away. go to the police right now and file a complaint of verbal abuse and threat. do it and make sure he does not come near you or the baby.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • I got a restraining order against an ex when he threatened to kill me and that was over the phone. I say call the police and find out what you need to do get it started to keep him away from you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • I'm so sorry sweeite. The above posters all had great advice. Just stay away from him. No more contact if you can help it. And if you do have to speak, make it only over the phone. Keep as much distance as possible. Don't tell him about any actions you're going to take. Let the police handle that. GL and good for you for keeping the baby.

    Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Just curious what makes him feel THIS Strong about having a baby? Obviously he is financially available, is he married or something? not being mean, just really shocked about how strong and what lengths he would go to just to not have this child in his life...

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Get a restraining order agianst him so if he comes near you call the cops he will go to jail.

    Answer by diamondsky at 3:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • I would try to get a protective order against a person making threats like that.

    Answer by momthruivf at 3:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.