Need opinion...why do you think a person would give 2 children up for adoption?

ama311

Asked by ama311 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Adoption

• maybe they were accidental pregnancies and werent ready for a baby
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• they believe that they can't give them a the best life they deserve. how old are the chidren? sometimes people have circumstances like drugs ect and their rights are removed so than the children are put up for adoption.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I think each person is different and each situation is different so it really just depends on the person and the circumstances. Some woman relinquish more then 2 children. I've heard of some woman having 4 or 5 children and have relinquished them all. IMO, all situations are different and there really isn't a blanket answer for this question.
    The3Vs

Answer by The3Vs at 3:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• my biological grandmother gave up my dad and his 2 sisters because her husband left her, she was 20yo with no education, and her mother refused to give her a place to live if she brought the children with her. she still knew them and maintained a relationship with my dad until she died. i wish i had got to know her better, because it wasn't until i had my own child that i really started to think about how excruciating and painful that must have been, to give up your babies or take them with you to the streets. my heart still aches for her.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 3:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• How does one answer this question? Where you looking for something specific? Maybe you wanted to vent about something?
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I really think it depends on the person and situations. In my case I nearly gave away my second child, because of all the emotions I had going on with giving up the first. I believed that I wasn't good enough to raise children due to the things that were said to me the first time. My first son's adoptive parents were trying to persuade me that my second child would have a better life, and that biological brothers should be together. I felt guilty because I thought my first son would be angry I kept his brother and not him. I felt guilty my second child would hate me for not giving him as much as my first son had with his parents. Then I realized if I continued to feel the guilt and believe what everyone was saying I'd never keep any of my children. It's possible this was the same scenario, but its also possible she still didn't feel ready, she only knows her reasons.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Pregnancies sometimes happen even when you aren't ready for them. This person made a brave choice to do the best for their children and give them to someoen who could love and provide for them. I think this person is awesome!!!
    chelley123

Answer by chelley123 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Desperate circumstances that do not improve.

I doubt any mom who relinquishes twice feels good (awesome) about it. Relinquishing once usually causes guilt and twice is worse for a mom.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 5:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I know of two people who've done adoption twice. One said she just wasn't read. She ended up pregnant too soon and her circumstances hadn't changed so she relinquished a second baby a year later. the other was because she was living with her mother and both children were biracial and her mother (nor her father who lived in a different state ) approved.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Ok so I understand that some people have their own problems but after the first one come on. Stop havin em.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 4:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2011