My appetite is way off track, I am not hungry ever, I eat a little and I am full..why?

I am 12 weeks pregnant, using Zofran finally to control the severe nausea, if I am hungry I dont have a taste for anything, no cravings, nothing. I eat, but I get full quickly...driving me nuts, I am dropping weight.

Normal? I could use some thoughts.

MissyNewMama

Asked by MissyNewMama at 3:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• normal but you have to eat for the baby. The medicine might be making things taste a little different. Eat small meals if you have to but eat. If have problems should check with you doctor. also might try those ensure or caration breakfast drinks to make up for the not eating and at least getting something for you and the baby.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I had the same problem with my first pregancy. I had to remind and force myself to eat. It got better in the 2nd trimester when the nausea wore off and by the 3rd trimester I couldn't stop eating :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I am the same way. Eating actually makes my belly up set. For dinner I just cook for my family and eat what I can then. During the day I try to eat cereal and small snacks so I don't upset my stomach. Laying down after eating usually helps me, although sometimes it gives me heart burn. I would just eat what you can and try to at least get one good meal in a day. For me it is dinner.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• you have to make your self eat just a lil bit if anything when i was pregnant wih my daughter i craved food and was always wanting to eat and with this pregnancy i never really want food and i jsut have to make my self eat soemthing and most of the time it is fruit and stuff so i kow it is good for the baby
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 5:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011