My ex is taking me to court to reduce child support for 4 children.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- he makes $8K less a year than he did at the time of the divorce settlement
- he wants me to pay for afterschool child care that he requested to do at his home because he could not afford formal afterschool care
- He wants me to pay back money that he gave me in the initial stage of separation when he was not paying any childsupport at all. There was no agreement in writing that the money would be paid back.
- Although he agreed to pay 2007 tax bill, he doesnt want to and wants to be relieved of the burden. (Side note: I have been paying the tax bill with no help from him....so not sure why he's even brining this up!)
1) How do I present my side
2) Do I need to have a paralegal draw up a response?
3) What is the possibility that the judge will reduce child support and relieve my ex of our joint tax bill?
Answer by older at 3:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011
Answer by kimigogo at 3:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011
Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011
Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011
Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011
Answer by JLS2388 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011
Answer by JLS2388 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011